Hiking Trip to Mont Rebei – 14 July
27.00€ – 30.00€
Mont Rebei is one spot you don’t want to miss!
Don’t miss this trip if you love hiking. Come enjoy the beautiful views of Congost de Mont Rebei
What and where is Mont Rebei?
Mont Rebei is the best destination in Catalunya for hiking lovers.
The Congost de Montrebei is a bridle path carved out of the cliff face of the fluvial gorge. Over the years, the river Noguera Ribagorçana has eroded the Montsec mountains into two parts: Montsec d’Ares (Catalonia) y Montsec de l’Estall (Aragon), creating impressive walls reaching more than 500 metres high in free fall and with a minimum width of only 20 metres in some places. Also known as the paradise of Catalunya, Mont Rebei is one of the most spectacular gorges in Europe and can be enjoyed in its entirety on foot following the ancient mule track carved into the rock.
The Congost de Mont Rebei is not a loop and you must return on the same path. It can be done on foot, by kayak or boat or a combination of these methods. It all depends on your walking ability and the time of the year.
Time and day
Meeting point: Plaza Espanya between the two towers
How much is it?
non-Studentfy members / Erasmus
What does the price include?
This trip begins on Sunday at 07:00am and ends at 08:30pm.
- 07:00 Meeting point in Plaza Espanya between the two Venetian towers
- 07:15 The bus leaves (We’ll be having a 30-minute break on the way for breakfast)
- 11:00 We arrive in Mont Rebei and start our hike
- 17:30 Taking the bus to go back to Barcelona
- 20:30 Arrive in Barcelona in Plaza Espanya
Photos from our trip
– It’s almost impossible to stop the bus if someone needs to use the bathroom. Please use the bathroom before the bus moves.
– The only bathroom in Mont Rebei is near where the bus drops us off. If you need to use the bathroom during the hike, you will have to find a spot away from the others!!
– The entire hike takes about 14km. Some sections are steep and challenging.
– Wear comfortable clothes, running/hiking shoes and a light jacket
– Bring light snacks, energy bars/gels and a hat.
– Depending on the weather, you might want to bring and wear sunscreen.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM: @studentfybcn and share your images on the social media using #Studentfy so that we can feature them on our website.
This trip is organized and run by Barcelona Trips (Licence number: GC-3213) and brought to you by Studentfy.
Photo Credits: pixabay, @barcelona_trips
Photos by: @barcelona_trips; Ashkan Ahmadi