Visit one of the most astonishing hiking destinations near Barcelona. You can’t say you have really experienced Barcelona without visiting Montserrat.
We have put in place exceptional measures so that you can travel safely with us. These are some of the measures we have adopted to ensure every traveler's health and well-being:
– 09:00 We meet in Plaza Espanya between the two towers (Av Reina Maria Cristina)
– 09:15 The bus moves (PLEASE BE ON TIME)
– 10:45 We arrive in Montserrat in front of the Monastery
– 10:45 to 11:00 The guide gives you a map and an explanation of the area and recommendations for the trip
– 11:00 We start the hike to Sant Jeroni (the highest point of Montserrat) [you don’t need to follow the rest, you can go in any direction you want]
– 13:00 We will have lunch on the top of the mountains (we recommend bringing some small sandwiches)
– 15:00 We visit the Monastery where you can see the Black Madonna and touch it
– 16:45 We meet again (the same point where the bus left us)
– 16:30 We take the bus to go back to Barcelona
– 18:00 We arrive back in Barcelona.
The exact time may slightly differ depending on the weather, traffic or any other factors. In case of any major change, you will be informed by email. Always double check with your guide. The information given by the tour guide will always override what’s mentioned on the website and the email.
– It’s almost impossible to stop the bus if someone needs to use the bathroom. Please use the bathroom before the bus moves.
– Wear sports clothes and sunscreen and a light breathable jacket
– There is a restaurant there but it’s a bit expensive. Bring snacks and small sandwiches.
– If you want to go to the highest point of the mountain, you will need to hike fast without many stops so that you have enough time to get back
– You can go to the top with the funicular but it’s not free
– When we arrive there, you can hike on your own or with the rest of the group
– Face masks are compulsory in public transportation, Basilica and both indoor and outdoor spaces for public use
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM: @studentfybcn and share your images on the social media using #Studentfy so that we can feature them on our website.
This trip is organized and run by Sham Trips (GC3213) and brought to you by Studentfy.