Trip to Girona, Figueres, Besalu and the Dali Museum – 15 September
27.00€ – 30.00€
Come and visit the beautiful cities of Girona, Figueres, Besalu and the Salvador Dali Museum.
Where is Girona?
Girona is the capital of the Girona province in Catalunya. Girona, located in Catalonia, Spain, sits between Barcelona and Costa Brava. It’s a gorgeous place to visit, with medieval walls, narrow winding city streets, and one of the best preserved Jewish Quarters in Europe. All you need is one day to see the best of Girona, making it a great destination on even the quickest itineraries through Spain.
Figueres is the capital of the comarca of Alt Empordà, in the province of Girona, Catalonia, Spain. The town is the birthplace of artist Salvador Dalí, and houses the Teatre-Museu Gala Salvador Dalí, a large museum designed by Dalí himself which attracts many visitors. The people who don’t want to enter to Dali museum,you can enjoy Figueres city (La Rambla, Plaza Joan Tulao)
The Dalí Theater-Museum is a museum dedicated entirely to the painter Salvador Dalí. It is situated in the Gala-Salvador Dalí square, in Figueras (province of Gerona, Catalonia, Spain). The artist worked on the project of the museum personally, so much so that inside the complex there is his last room and his tomb.
The building was built in 1849, but the official opening was after World War II on October 28, 1974, even though the museum had not been completed yet. The museum is now the second most visited in Spain, surpassed only by Museo del Prado in Madrid. Every room, every space of the museum is a piece of art, with peculiar combinations of paintings, sculptures, furniture, decorations and all sorts of sights.
In the end of the visit, we will see the crypt, a small room that houses his tomb, which is located on the first floor of the building. He was buried there on January 25, 1989, two days after his death.
Time and day
Included in the price
- 08:15: We meet in Plaza Urquinaona (Ronda Sant Pere 19)
- 08:30: The bus moves (PLEASE BE ON TIME)
- 11:00: arrive in Besalu
- 11:00: to 12:20: free time to enjoy Besalu
- 12:20: we will meet again (in the same point where the bus left us).
- 13:00: arrive in Figueres.
- 13:00 to 15:00: Visitng the Dali Museum (highly recommended )Normal entrance is 14€, but for students it’s 10€
If you don’t want to visit the museum, you can discover the city of Figueres.
- 15:00: we will meet again (in the same point where the bus left us).
- 15:45: arrive to Girona.
- 15:45 to 19:15: free time to enjoy Girona
- 19:15: meet again where the bus left us to go to Barcelona
- 21:00: arrive back in Barcelona in Plaza Espanya
The exact time may slightly differ depending on the weather, traffic or any other factors. In case of any major change, you will be informed by email. Always double check with your guide.
– It’s almost impossible to stop the bus if someone needs to use the bathroom. Please use the bathroom before the bus moves.
– Bring light snacks, energy bars/gels and a hat.
– Depending on the weather, you might want to bring and wear sunscreen.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM: @studentfybcn and share your images on the social media using #Studentfy so that we can feature them on our website.
This trip is organized and run by Viajes University and brought to you by Studentfy.