Trip to Montserrat – 26 October
13.00€ – 16.00€
Visit one of the most astonishing hiking destinations near Barcelona. You can’t say you have really experienced Barcelona without visiting Montserrat.
Where is Montserrat?
Monterrat is one of the place you must visit if you are in Barcelona. It’s one of the most iconic sights in Catalunya.
Monterrat literally means ‘serrated mountain” in Catalan. It describes the serrated top shape of the mountain. It was registered a a national park in 1987.
The highest summit of Montserrat is called Sant Jeroni (Saint Jerome) and it stands at 1,236 meters (4,055 feet) above sea-level. It is accessible by hiking trails which connect from the top entrance to the Sant Joan funicular, the monastery, or the base of the mountain.
Check out our trip to Monterrat here:
Departure from Barcelona
Arrival in Barcelona
Included in the price
- 09:00 We meet in Plaza Urquinaona (Ronda Sant Pere 19)
- 09:15 Departure from Barcelona
- 10:45 Arrive in Montserrat
- 10:45 to 11:00 You’ll be given a map and an explanation of the area and recommendations for the trip
- 11:00 to 14:00 We will walk through the mountains till the highest peaked,it’s name Sant Joan (1236 m)
- 14:00 Lunch time in nice area between the mountains
- 15:00 to 16:00 Walking down to the monastery
- 16:00 to 17:00 Enter the monastery, where we will see the Virgin of Montserrat, and you will be able to touch her!
- 17:30 We meet again (the same point where the bus left us)
- 19:40 Arrive back in Barcelona.
The exact time may slightly differ depending on the weather, traffic or any other factors. In case of any major change, you will be informed by email in email. It’s best to listen to the guide on the bus. Always double check with your guide.
– It’s almost impossible to stop the bus if someone needs to use the bathroom. Please use the bathroom before the bus moves.
– Wear sports clothes and sunscreen and a light breathable jacket
– There is a restaurant there but it’s a bit expensive. Bring snacks and small sandwiches.
– If you want to go to the highest point of the mountain, you will need to hike fast without many stops so that you have enough time to get back
– You can go to the top with the funicular but it’s not free
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM: @studentfybcn and share your images on the social media using #Studentfy so that we can feature them on our website.
This trip is organized and run by Viajes University and brought to you by Studentfy.