Admin price is: 15.00€
Non-admin price is: 20.00€
Visit one of the most astonishing hiking destinations near Barcelona. You can’t say you have really experienced Barcelona without visiting Montserrat.
Where is Montserrat?
Monterrat is one of the place you must visit if you are in Barcelona. It’s one of the most iconic sights in Catalunya.
Monterrat literally means ‘serrated mountain” in Catalan. It describes the serrated top shape of the mountain. It was registered a a national park in 1987.
The highest summit of Montserrat is called Sant Jeroni (Saint Jerome) and it stands at 1,236 meters (4,055 feet) above sea-level. It is accessible by hiking trails which connect from the top entrance to the Sant Joan funicular, the monastery, or the base of the mountain.
Check out our trip to Monterrat here:
Departure from Barcelona
Arrival in Barcelona
Included in the price
- 08:45 We meet in Plaza Espanya (Av Reina Maria Cristina)
- 09:00 Departure from Barcelona
- 10:45 Arrive in Montserrat
- 10:45 to 11:00 You’ll be given a map and an explanation of the area and recommendations for the trip
- 11:00 We start the hike to Sant Jeroni (the highest point of Montserrat) [you don’t need to follow the rest, you can go in any direction you want]
- 13:00 We will have lunch on the top of the mountains (we recommend bringing some small sandwiches)
- 15:00 We visit the Monastery
- 16:15 We meet again (the same point where the bus left us)
- 16:30 We take the bus to go back to Barcelona
- 18:00 Arrive back in Barcelona.
– It’s almost impossible to stop the bus if someone needs to use the bathroom. Please use the bathroom before the bus moves.
– Wear sports clothes and sunscreen and a light breathable jacket
– There is a restaurant there but it’s a bit expensive. Bring snacks and small sandwiches.
– If you want to go to the highest point of the mountain, you will need to hike fast without many stops so that you have enough time to get back
– You can go to the top with the funicular but it’s not free
– When we arrive there, you can hike on your own or with the rest of the group
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM: @studentfybcn and share your images on the social media using #Studentfy so that we can feature them on our website.
This trip is organized and run by Sham Trips (GC3213) and brought to you by Studentfy.
17.00€ – 20.00€