Trip to Montserrat – March 24
13.00€ – 15.00€
Visit one of the most astonishing hiking destinations near Barcelona. Next to the Mountain Montserrat you get to see the beautiful Monastery that is a sightseeing must in Catalonia.
What and where is Montserrat?
Visit the mountain Montserrat and it’s monastery.
It is a multi-peaked mountain range 1 hour away from Barcelona. It is well known for its Benedictine abbey, that hosts the Virgin of Montserrat sanctuary. “Montserrat” in Catalan means serrated mountain, that describes the formations of the mountain. It consists of a multitude of rock formations that are visible from far away. In 1987 it was declared a natural park.
Time and day
Meeting point: Plaza Espanya between the two towers
How much is it?
non-Studentfy Card Holders / Erasmus
Studentfy Card holders
What does the price include?
- 09:00 Meeting point in Plaza Espanya between the two Venetian towers
- 09:15 Departure from Barcelona
- 10:45 Arrive in Montserrat
- 10:45 to 11:00 You’ll be given a map and an explanation of the area and recommendations for the trip
- 11:00 to 13:00 We will walk through the mountains till the highest peaked,it’s name Sant Joan (1236 m)
- 13:00 Lunch time in nice area between the mountains
- 14:00 to 15:00 Walking down to the monastery
- 15:00 to 16:00 Enter the monastery, where we will see the Virgin of Montserrat, and you will be able to touch her!
- 16:30 we meet again (the same point where the bus left us)
- 18:00 arrive in Barcelona.
– It’s almost impossible to stop the bus if someone needs to use the bathroom. Please use the bathroom before the bus moves.
– Wear sports clothes and sunscreen
– There is a restaurant there but it’s a bit expensive. Bring snacks and small sandwiches.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM: @studentfybcn and share your images on the social media using #Studentfy so that we can feature them on our website.
This trip is organized and run by Barcelona Trips (Licence number: GC-3213) and brought to you by Studentfy.