Trip to País Vasco – July 19-20
55.00€ – 60.00€
Don’t miss our trip to the north of Spain: País Vasco or the Basque Country.
Where is the Basque Country?
The Basque Country is an autonomous community in northern Spain. Locally known as Euskadi or País Vasco, it has its own language (Euskadi), its own culinary traditions, and a distinctive geographic and cultural landscape. In this trip, we will visit the most important cities in the north of Spain:
San Sebastian: boasts one of the best city beaches in Europe. Sebastian is also redefining the Basque image around the world with its extraordinary cuisine. The city has two restaurants ranked in the list of the World’s 50 Best Restaurants and in addition, has 16 Michelin stars spread across 9 restaurants. It is also one of the best places to eat pintxos – culinary creations in miniature form, similar to Spanish tapas but better.
San Juan de Gaztelugatxe: one of the most impressive places in the Basque Country. San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, whose name means “castle rock” in Basque (“gaztelu” = castle + “aitz” = rock), is a definite “must” if you are visiting the Basque Country. This is where many scenes from Game of Thrones have been shot, most famously the Dragonstone. Whether or not you like Game of Thrones, you cannot miss this spectacular corner when you have the chance.
Time and day
Meeting point: Plaza Espanya between the two towers
How much is it?
non-Studentfy Card Holders / Erasmus
Studentfy Card holders
What does the price include?
The trip begins on Friday, July 19 at 23:00 and ends on Sunday, July 21 at 02:30.
Day 1: Friday, July 19
- 23:00: Meet in Plaza Espanya between the two towers
- 23:15: The bus moves (don’t be late). It will take about 7 hours to get to Gaztelugaxte, we will stop for about 1 hour to have breakfast
Day 2: Saturday, July 20
- 08:00: arrive in Gaztelugatxe
- 08:00 to 11:00: Free time to explore Gaztelugatxe
- 11:00: Meet again where the bus left us to go to San Sebastian
- 11:30: Arrive in San Sebastian
- 11:30 to 20:30: Free time to discover San Sebastian (We recommend you to visit: Castillo de la mota, Catedral Buen Pastor, Playa de la Concha..)
- 20:30: Meet again where the bus left us to go back to Barcelona
Day 3: Sunday, July 21
- 02:30: Arrive in Barcelona (we will stop at Plaza Espanya & Plaza Catalunya)
– It’s almost impossible to stop the bus if someone needs to use the bathroom. Please use the bathroom before the bus moves.
– The north of Spain is usually colder than the rest of Spain. Make sure you bring a warm and breathable jacket
– Bring snacks, energy bars/gels and sandwiches
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM: @studentfybcn and share your images on the social media using #Studentfy so that we can feature them on our website.
This trip is organized and run by Viajes University and brought to you by Studentfy.