Trip to País Vasco – March 29-31
145.00€ – 150.00€
Don’t miss our trip to the north of Spain: País Vasco or the Basque Country.
Where is the Basque Country?
The Basque Country is an autonomous community in northern Spain. Locally known as Euskadi or País Vasco, it has its own language (Euskadi), its own culinary traditions, and a distinctive geographic and cultural landscape. In this trip, we will visit the most important cities in the north of Spain:
Bilbao: it’s the capital of the province of the Basque Country and the largest city there. Bilbao is the beating heart of the Basque Country as well as the region’s largest and most cosmopolitan city. Bilbao’s main draw for visitors is, without a doubt, the Guggenheim Museum. This is the mecca for design and architecture.
San Sebastian: boasts one of the best city beaches in Europe. Sebastian is also redefining the Basque image around the world with its extraordinary cuisine. The city has two restaurants ranked in the list of the World’s 50 Best Restaurants and in addition, has 16 Michelin stars spread across 9 restaurants. It is also one of the best places to eat pintxos – culinary creations in miniature form, similar to Spanish tapas but better.
San Juan de Gaztelugatxe: one of the most impressive places in the Basque Country. San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, whose name means “castle rock” in Basque (“gaztelu” = castle + “aitz” = rock), is a definite “must” if you are visiting the Basque Country. This is where many scenes from Game of Thrones have been shot, most famously the Dragonstone.
Zumaia: it is located in a privileged place on the Guipuzcoan coast and it is considered as one of most beautiful hikes in the Basque country.
Time and day
Meeting point: Plaza Espanya between the two towers
How much is it?
non-Studentfy Card Holders / Erasmus
135€ for the first 15 people
Studentfy Card holders
130€ for the first 15 people
What does the price include?
The trip begins on Friday, March 29 at 23:00 and ends on Sunday, March 31 at 23:45.
Day 1: Friday, March 29
- 23:00: Meet in Plaza Espanya between the two towers
- 23:15: The bus moves (don’t be late). It will take about 7 hours to get to Gaztelugaxte, we will stop for about 1 hour to have breakfast
Day 2: Saturday, March 30
- 08:00: arrive in Gaztelugatxe
- 09:30: Meet again where the bus left us to go to Bilbao
- 10:30: Reach Bilbao and go directly to our hotel to check in
- 10:30 to 17:00: Free time to discover Bilbao
- 17:00: Meet at the reception of the hotel to start our walking tour
- 17:00 to 19:00: Walking tour with a professional guide. We will visit the old and new parts of the city.
- 19:00 to 22:30: Free time to enjoy the city
- 22:30: Meet again at the reception to go to a bar near the hotel
Day 3: Sunday, March 31
- 8:00 to 09:00: Breakfast and check out.
- 09:00: Take the bus to go to Zumaia (If you are a fan of Game of Thrones then Zumaia is a must-attend place. Of the best beaches that the Basque coast has: gigantic cliffs and waves)
- 10:30: Take the bus to go to San Sebastian.
- 11:00: Arrive in San Sebastian.
- 11:30 to 16:30: free time to enjoy the city and the beach We recommend visiting Castillo de la mota, Catedral Buen Pastor, Playa de la Concha.
- 16:30: Meet again in the same point where the bus left us to go back to Barcelona.
- 23:30: Arrive in Barcelona
– It’s almost impossible to stop the bus if someone needs to use the bathroom. Please use the bathroom before the bus moves.
– The north of Spain is usually colder than the rest of Spain. Make sure you bring a warm and breathable jacket
– Bring snacks, energy bars/gels and sandwiches
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM: @studentfybcn and share your images on the social media using #Studentfy so that we can feature them on our website.
This trip is organized and run by Barcelona Trips (Licence number: GC-3213) and brought to you by Studentfy.
Photo Credits: naturlandia.ad