Terms and Conditions
Grupo StudentNetwork, S.L. is a company incorporated under the laws of Spain, with tax ID number B66611229 and with fiscal address in Barcelona at Carrer d’Oristà, 165. 08033. which is recorded in the Commercial Registry of Barcelona, Book 44997, Section 8, Sheet 473721, Folio 177, Inscription 1.
Grupo StudentNetwork, S.L. from now on will be referred to as Studentfy (“we”, “us”, “our”) throughout the rest of this document.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
Our website intends to support Studentfy mission that is to encourage networking for students within and between universities and offering the best possible deals on relevant products and services for students in Barcelona. We do our best to optimize the quality, security and functionality of the website. However, we cannot perfectly guarantee continuous functioning and availability of the website or the absence of viruses, malwares or external elements responsible for alterations of your computer system or the reliability, usefulness, accuracy and up-to-date nature of the information contained on the website. Studentfy accepts no responsibility in the occurrence of these situations.
The website is available to its users for personal, non-commercial use. By browsing, registering in or using this website and the services offered by it, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. If you do not agree to these Terms & Conditions of Use (hereinafter T&C), please do not use this website or services offered by Studentfy.
We strictly forbid users to try to alter our website without a written authorization from Studentfy. We also strictly forbid to use of the website or its contents for illicit purposes, contrary to morality, good faith, public order, decency or for the transmission of material for advertisement as well as illicit activities, pornography, racism and racism-inducing, vulgar or any material that could cause offence to another person or interfere with the smooth providing of our services according to our corporate judgment.
Non-compliance with any of the aforementioned conditions by the user may trigger Studentfy to take the necessary measures to protect its own interests. These measures include blocking and/or deletion of the user’s profile, or in more serious cases, legal action against the non-complying user.
Our website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure that data is encrypted and no personal data is left vulnerable and accessible to attackers. SSL is a standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a server and a user. SSL a security protocol and it allows sensitive information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, and login credentials to be transmitted securely. This guarantees that during purchases, all personal and financial data are transmitted securely and safely.
Backlinks to Studentfy.com
Backlinks are links to our website on other websites. Studentfy allows the placement of links redirecting to our website on external websites under the conditions that:
- the external web page does not engage in or contain information being the object of illicit activities, pornography, violence, or any material that could cause offence to another person or interfere with the smooth providing of our services according to our corporate judgment;
- the brand, slogan, logo, or any distinctive symbols may be used only under the explicit authorization and guidelines provided by Studentfy;
- external links may link to websites that are in direct contrast to Studentfy’s values;
- Studentfy does not have responsibility and does not hold responsibility for the information, products, contents or services provided by other websites that feature a mention or link to our website. In case you notice any incongruence or anomaly with Studentfy in external links redirecting or referring to our brand or website, please contact us immediately.
All written, audio, video, graphic and any other kind of content created by Studentfy or others, present on the website are of property of Studentfy or of their content suppliers. Studentfy forbids using, altering, reproducing, or distributing any of these materials without the consent of Studentfy and/or its suppliers and/or its partners. In case of the use of any content not owned by Studentfy, the owner(s) will be credited with direct link to the original source.
Studentfy Membership Card
Studentfy offers its members the possibility of acquiring a 15€ membership card valid for the whole academic year (September of year X to August of year X+1 included). This membership card allows students to get discounts or special offers in a range of businesses partnering with Studentfy and/or in a range of activities organized by Studentfy. Studentfy strictly forbids, unless expressly indicated otherwise:
a) The resell of Studentfy cards. Studentfy membership cards are available for all authorized students upon request from the concerned student via personal, e-mail, Facebook, website or other forms of contact with Studentfy representatives.
b) The copy, imitation or any alteration of the membership card.
c) The use of the Studentfy name or any kind of association to the brand or membership card.
Studentfy works hard with weekly quality checks to ensure the functioning of its membership card with all business partners advertised. While Studentfy ensures all benefits provided on their card benefits documents have been at a point in time (and updated as often as possible) accepted and functioning, Studentfy does not accept responsibility for failure to redeem deals offered by the Studentfy card. These failures may occur due to failure to update of the card benefits document, a partners’ staff turnover, a failed briefing of partners’ staff or any other reason unknown to Studentfy.
Studentfy Membership Card – Replacement
If you have purchased the current Studentfy Membership Card and you have lost it, you can buy a replacement for 5€. Only those who have purchased the current Studentfy Membership Card may purchase the replacement card. For instance, if you have purchased the 2017-2018 card, then your card has expired and you may not buy a replacement. The current membership card is the 2018-2019 card and only those who have purchased this card can purchase the replacement card. Purchasing a replacement card instead of the actual 15€ card in order to avoid paying the extra 10€ is a violation of our Terms and Conditions. If we detect that someone has purchased the replacement card but not the actual card, then they will be given the option to purchase the card at the full price with a 5€ discount code (7€ if the Delivery option has been selected).
EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
Planning and organizing events and experiences is a core activity of Studentfy. All types of contents taken from events and activities involving Studentfy can be freely used by Studentfy on our website, social media accounts, or other communication and promotional platforms. These contents include, but are not limited to, audio, video, pictures, images, etc. Event participants accept to transfer their image rights to Studentfy for communication and promotional content. In such cases, the owners of the content will be contacted and notified before the use of the materials. Studentfy will not use these contents for illicit, pornographic, racist and racism-inducing, vulgar or any material that could cause offence to another person or interfere with the integrity of individuals according to Studentfy corporate judgment.
Studentfy does not organize trips on its own. Our mission is to collaborate with other travel agencies to prepare packages tailored to meet the quality-price standards of our students. Therefore Studentfy limits itself to commercializing trips organized by other agencies, upon which lie every responsibility regarding organization, logistics and any other responsibility deriving from the trips.
All the trips visible, advertised, promoted, and/or available for purchase on Studentfy.com, StudentfyTrips.com or any other platform officially run by Studentfy are entirely organized and run by Sham Trips as Studentfy(Trips) is not a travel agency. Therefore, Studentfy(Trips) shall not be held liable to and shall not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever regarding any payment, logistics, damages, losses or accidents taking place before, during or after the trips. Sham Trips is legally obliged to have all the necessary insurances such as bankruptcy insurances or any other necessary document required by law and Studentfy shall not be held liable or responsible for any lacking documents or insurances. If the travelers face any issues or have any questions before, during or after the trips regarding any matter, they must contact Sham Trips directly: Razón social: MUHANNAD ALLUJAMI, NIF: X8746221B, Licence number: GC-3213. Address: Rocafort 39-41, 08015, E-mail: email@example.com.
PURCHASING A PRODUCT AS A STUDENTFY MEMBER
Studentfy membership card holders have the benefit of purchasing our products at a cheaper price tag given that the member has purchased his/her membership card within a 12-month period of purchasing the product. That is to say, for example, if a card was purchased in July 2017, the holder is no longer considered a member as the membership cards are valid only for 12 months and the products after July 2018 may not be purchased at the lower prices.
Before purchasing a product, the users are given the option to pick whether they hold the card or not. By selecting that you have the membership card, you confirm that you have purchased your card within a 12-month period and that your card is still valid. If you would like to purchase a product for more than one person (e.g. you and your friends), you will have to check with all the individuals whether they hold the card or not. If they don’t, you need to place the orders accordingly.
Example: You would like to travel with your friend, John. You have the Studentfy membership card but John doesn’t. You will have to add the trip twice to your shopping cart: once with the option that you have the card, and another time with the option that you do not have the card. Failure to do so is considered a violation of our Terms and Conditions.
If an individual purchases a product as a member but without having the membership card, this is considered a violation of our Terms and Conditions. In this case, Studentfy will contact the individual and ask for a proof of membership (email or an image of the card). We may also ask the individual to present his/her membership card before or while joining the event. If the individual fails to prove his/her membership, he/she will be required to pay the difference before joining the event.
NON-COMPLIANCE WITH OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS
In case you do not comply with these T&Cs, Studentfy may temporary suspend, cancel your profile without notice and/or withhold payment until the issue has been resolved. Any suspension or cancelation does not entitle you to any compensation.
NON-COMPLIANCE WITH LEGAL OBLIGATIONS
In case of proof or suspicion of illegal activity by its users, including to but not limited to, harassment, spreading rumors and false information, and spreading malware, Studentfy may notify and cooperate with the competent police and legal authorities.
REVIEWS, COMMENTS, EMAILS, AND OTHER CONTENT
Visitors may post reviews, comments, and other content: and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a card or other content. Studentfy reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content. If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Studentfy and its associates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant Studentfy and its associates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post: that the content is accurate: that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity: and that you will indemnify Studentfy or its associates for all claims resulting from content you supply. Studentfy has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. We take no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Studentfy and its associates attempt to be as accurate as possible when generating product descriptions. We do this mainly by consulting with different credible sources to get as much information as possible. These descriptions may refer to the descriptions of any product we sell, physical or digital. If a product description does not closely match what you have been delivered, please contact us as soon as possible.
We accept purchases through the use of debit and credit cards. Our system accepts VISA, MASTERCARD and AMERICAN EXPRESS cards. All payments are to be made online on our website. Our website uses SSL encryption in order to ensure that the transaction takes place securely and that no personal data, including but not limited to, email addresses and credit card data, is accessible to hackers and other attackers. All the users purchasing a product on studentfy.com are required to pay a 2.5% processing fee in addition to the price(s) of the product(s). If you wish to avoid this processing fee, you may transfer the amount to our bank account or pay cash or with a credit card in our office.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your name and email address (“Personal Information”).
We collect this information for the purpose of providing the Service, identifying and communicating with you, responding to your requests/enquiries, and improving our services.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
By subscribing to our newsletter, you agree to receive newsletters from us. The aim of our newsletter service is to keep our customers and visitors updated about new software releases or new service offerings. The subscription to our newsletter service is not mandatory and all users have to enter their information and agree with our Terms and Conditions in order to be added to our newsletter list. All newsletters sent out have the Unsubscribe/Opt Out button at the bottom of the email giving the receiver the option to opt out.
The frequency of the newsletter issues will be once to maximum twice a week.
We reserve the sole right to unsubscribe users / visitors from or newsletter service, without notice. We will do so with any subscriber we deem registered with fake data.
SUBSCRIPTION WELCOME EMAIL
Our system automatically sends a welcome email to all the new subscribers to our weekly newsletter. The purpose of this email is to greet the subscribers and to provide them with a clearer image of our services and values.
We will not communicate, spread, publish or otherwise give away your Personal Information unless explicitly authorized by you. You will be able to change your subscription settings or to delete it altogether anytime.
PURCHASE AND REFUND POLICY
1) At times, events may be cancelled, the date changed or any other major changes made to the events by the team or the Promoter for a variety of reasons. Once a product has been purchased, the amount may not be refunded or changed, except in circumstances stipulated in current legislation. Not being able to attend an event or making a mistake in purchasing the ticket(s) shall not automatically constitute grounds for a refund. Users are not entitled to exercise the right to withdrawal or termination in accordance with applicable regulations on consumer affairs and retail trading. It is Studentfy’s discretion to review such circumstances on a case-by-case basis and notify the affected user(s) of the final decision as soon as possible.
2) Cancellation: If an event is cancelled (not the same as a change of date), you will be offered a refund for the sales price of your ticket(s), including the administration and processing costs for each ticket. If an event takes place over a number of days and one or more days are cancelled (but not the entire event over all planned days), a partial refund may apply solely to the day(s) for which the event was effectively cancelled. As a distributor, Student Network, S.L. may solely and exclusively cancel tickets and, accordingly, proceed to refund the amount paid when we receive an express order from the Promoter of the event in the case of cancellations, date changes, and so on.
3) Unless specified otherwise for a specific event, if the date of an event is changed, you will be offered slots (whenever available) for the same value as those reserved in your original tickets. If you are unable to attend the event on the new date, you will be offered a refund for the sales price of your ticket(s), including administration costs for each ticket. You should inform us if you are unable to attend the event on the new date within the deadline we stipulate; otherwise, we may confirm your reservation for the new date and you will not be entitled to demand a refund.
4) If an event undergoes major alterations, you can choose to either confirm your order for the altered event or request a refund (for the sales price of your ticket(s), including administration costs for each ticket) within the period we have stipulated. If you do not inform us of your decision, we may confirm your order for the altered event and you will not be entitled to demand a refund. A “major alteration” is a change which, according to our reasonable judgment and that of the Promoter, causes the event to differ greatly from that which the ticket buyer generally and reasonably expected. The use of replacements for theatrical performances and/or other types of changes to: (i) any performance by supporting artists; (ii) the members of a group; and/or (iii) the arrangement or line-up of any event involving several artists (such as a festival) shall not be deemed as major alterations.
5) In order to request your refund, send a written petition to: Carrer Lincoln, 15. 08016, Barcelona. (or any other address we convey to you). You should enclose your unused tickets and follow any other indications we have given you. In the event of a cancellation, refunds can be made within a period of fifteen days following the date on which the suspension of the show is publicly announced. Once this period has elapsed, no refunds will be accepted.
6) These General Terms and Conditions of Purchase do not and shall not affect your legal rights as a consumer. For further information about your legal rights, please contact the Spanish Consumer Affairs, Food Safety and Nutrition Agency (AECOSAN).
7) Unless sections 2, 3 or 4 are applicable, once they have been purchased, tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.
8) If an individual purchases a product and the product sells out (for example, a trip), he/she would have to inform us if he/she can no longer join the event and must ask for a refund at least 48 hours before the event begins. If a refund is not possible, the customer is required to find another person to replace him/her.
Almost all of our products are in a digital format and most products do not require any shipping.
The option of shipping is applied to our physical products such as the Studentfy Membership Card. When purchasing a physical product, the user is given the option to have the product shipped to their location at a flat rate or come and pick it up in person in our office. This option currently is available only to those living in the city of Barcelona with zip codes from 08001 to 08099. Any shipping address outside this range will not be available and the user will have to contact us in person.
You can contact us by sending an e-mail to our email firstname.lastname@example.org or a message to our Facebook page (@studentfy).
• Phone call/Whatsapp: +34 611 458 721
• Email: email@example.com
• Office: Carrer de Lincoln, 15, 08006 Barcelona